Wednesday 12 September 2012

Interview - FAQ's with Answers

Job Interviews - FAQ's


Prepared by: 
B. Balaji Reddy
Asso. Professor,
SVPCET,
Puttur
e-mail:balajireddyb@hotmail.com
 
1. Tell us something about yourself?
                Sure sir, I am a B-tech graduate in EEE from SVCET,PUTTUR. I am native of Chennai.  My father is a professor of English at SVU at Thirupathi. Now I am looking for a job in software engineering. I enjoy travelling  and visiting new places. I am resourceful, self disciplined and energetic.
2. What are your career objectives?
                I want to obtain a challenging position in a large software consulting organization, where I should be able to use my specialized qualification, understanding and experience in business process modeling and organizational change management to suit customer needs.
3. Tell us something about your interests and activities?
                I am an extrovert and love to interact with all kinds of people. I am a member of the Institution of Engineers, New Delhi. I enjoy playing badminton in my free time. I also like classical music and reading novels.
4. Why should we hire you (or) why should we employ you?
                Well sir, yours is a multinational organization working on the latest technologies. Yours is a company working in areas which match my interest and I believe it is a company which is engaged in R&D. Sir, as you can observe from my resume, I am good at designing and have the ability to work in a team. So, I feel that you should be interested in a person who has such drives and skills………
5. Why do you want to join in our company?
                The professional excellence maintained and pursued by your company has impressed me. Your company’s experience and innovation, combined with the user friendliness, reliability and quality of its products and solutions have made it a world leader. Working with such a growing organization has been one of my career objectives since the very beginning.
6. Tell us something about your academic achievements?
                My academic records reflect my sincerity, strong determination and ability to achieve excellence. In  2010, I graduated as a B-Tech  in electronic from IIT Bombay, with an overall grade point average of ______, as a dynamic extroverted student , I took active interest and participation in extra-curricular as well as co-curricular activities in the college.
7. Where do you see yourself in five years?
                I would be working as a senior executive in your company.

8. Why are you interested in this job?
                As a high capable IT professional, I have been looking for  an opening like this on which provides a fast moving, dynamic work environment, and accelerated and challenging growth opportunities , I am sure in this position I will have opportunities to utilize my exposure and experience .
9. What are your strengths?
                I have strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with others. I have been able to achieve company targets and live up to commitments with a sense of urgency. Ability to motivate people and adaptability, I think, are my strong points. Just because of these qualities, I was able to lead my project team twice successfully.
10. What is your greatest weakness?
                I aim at call for nothing short of perfection, and become nervous when I am not able to do something up to my satisfaction .however, I know that this may sometimes delay a work and try to compensate with very hard work.
11. How will you rate yourself on a scale from one to ten?
                   I always strive to be the best in whatever I do. I believe in being the best.
12. Are you a leader are a follower?
                I am both a leader and a follower. I have successfully completed several projects as a leader but at the same time I have worked in cross-functional teams as a member and have done well.
13. How long do you want to stay with us?
                I would like to be a part of your organization for a long period.
14. Are you interested in a full-time or a part-time position?
                Although I would prefer a full-time position, I can also consider a part-time position.
15. Will you accept a lower position for the time being?
                Although I want to be part of your company, I am afraid I would not be able to accept a lower a lower position.
16. When can you join us?
                It is difficult to tell now. I will inform you after I receive the offer from you.


17. Do you consider yourself a natural leader?
                I am conscientious in using my organizational and interpersonal skills. And I feel confident that  I should be in a position to lead a team-something which I have done in the past also, as you can see in my resume, that I have lead my team for three projects successfully.
NOTE: don’t merely say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ while answering such questions.
18. In what way do you think you can contribute to our organization?
                Sir, as we all know, competition is rampant everywhere and you have an advantage as your product offers better  durability an user friendly  operation which others do not have however, I think you need to bring out a brand for the lower middle class customers and if we can hit that set of clientele, our turnover may increase substantially.
19. What do you not like doing?
                Sir, since I have been sincere and disciplined from my childhood, I have strong disliking for procrastination.
20. What salary does you expert from us?
                Sir, I would like to receive the standard salary for the position.
21. If you get this job, how long would you stay with us?
                 Sir, as I see yours is a growing organization and I would certainly get opportunities to develop new skills and would learn facing the new challenges, I think I can explore myself well. This way I would certainly be staying and contributing at least for three years and then I would plan to get for higher studies.
22. If we hire you, what changes would you like to make?
                Sir, it’s too  early to say anything, I would like to take close look at everything the department is doing at present and only then I would be in a position to provide concrete recommendations on this.
23. Why do you plan to leave your present organization?
                Sir, I plan to prove out from my present job because I have worked there for three years and I have contributed significantly to the growth of the organization. Now, I want to join a position which is rather challenging and may provide me with an environment to develop new skills and thereby touch new horizons in my feel of work.

                                      *********

No comments:

Post a Comment